Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Getting Ready for Easter

This is actually the pre-Easter menu that I drafted and then forgot to publish!   So, this week was really about me not buying a bag of Reece's peanut butter eggs and eating them all up! 

Weekend Before:   This week in addition to cooking for us we are delivering food as part of a meal train to a boy from Oliver's preschool who lost his mother.  I like to pull out my (Alton Brown) trusty lentil soup recipe for these occasions.   Its easy and pretty much fool proof.  So, I made enough for us and them.  I also repeated the lemon-raspberry muffins from last week because they were so good and I could send half to the family.   I also cut up my celery and carrots and made my stock (for the lentil soup and tomato soup).

Monday
Lentil Soup
Halo
Muffin

Dinner:  Lentil Soup and Salad

Tuesday
PB&J (more dolphins)
Banana
Celery/Carrots

Dinner:  Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese

Wednesday
Tomato Soup (yes, that was me unsuccessfully trying to sneak in a leftover the next day!)
Celery/Carrots
Applesauce

Dinner:   Leftover soups!

Thursday
PB& HONEY   (totally mixing it up don't you think)
Celery/Carrots and Hummus
Apple

Dinner:  You guessed it -- leftover soup -- again.

Friday
Tomato Soup
Pretzles & Hummus
Apple

Dinner:  "Healthy"  Mac & Cheese and green beans





No comments:

Post a Comment