Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Another menu

Week 2.   

This week we ate out on Wednesday, so it's missing a dinner.   Everything this week was super simple! 
 
Weekend Before:  This weekend I did nothing.    We had a lot left over from the week before, and I was super swamped at work this week.  BUT, we did make Broccoli Bites for Dinner on Saturday night and I took four of them and froze two, and saved two in the refridgerator.   I also still had granola bars and hummus and pita from last week.   You could make your pasta sauce over the weekend if you wanted to, I didn't do mine until Tuesday night.   Mine is never the same twice, but I cook carrots, spinich or kale, sometimes butternut squash, and blend it into my tomato sauce (I use my hand held emulsifier but you could use a blender or food processor).  This week we had some fresh tomatoes I needed to use that I mixed with a can of organic tomato sauce.  If it is too acidic you can add a touch of honey.  I usually just add garlic, salt, basil and oregeno to taste.   The sauce lasts about a week in the fridge, -- so it may make it onto next week's menu too. 

Monday:  
Broccoli Bites 
Applesauce
Granola Bar
 
Dinner:  Black Bean Burritos (black beans left over from last Friday's dinner). 
 
Tuesday:  
Hummus
Carrots
Pretzles
Apple
 
Dinner:  Pasta Bake w/ kid friendly Pasta Sauce.  (Just cook pasta add sauce, sprinkle with mozzarella (I use shredded low fat) and bake for 10 minutes at 350).

Wednesday:  
Pita Pizza (just half a pita with leftover sauce and cheese melted in the oven -- although Oliver has requested pepperoni)
applesauce
granola bar

Dinner:  Out (I needed margaritas!)
 
Thursday:  
Leftover Pasta Bake
applesauce
almonds/cranberries
 
Dinner:  Veggie Quesadillas

Friday: 
Peanut Butter and Jelly Wrap (PB&J on a whole wheat tortilla - Oliver likes it).
Mozzarella Stick
Apple
 
Dinner:   Shrimp "bisque"

 
-- you don't have to use half and half, you can use whipping cream or even milk.  I've never tried a non-dairy alternative but I'm sure that would work too.
 
--I used panko bread crumbs instead of Italian.

No comments:

Post a Comment